Tuesday, February 17, 2009

American Hair Cuts

Beth and Luke had the day off school and all the kids could use a hair cut (and even Mom too.) So we packed up and headed out. Here is the before and after pictures.

Before
At home before the hair cuts.

Beth and Kim were so ready to get their bangs out of their eyes. I was ready to have Kim move beyond the "orphanage bowl cut" that is so common for the girls in orphanages. It is amazing how much healthier and thicker her hair looks and feels with it trimmed up. Her hair has a nice shine now with all the split and uneven ends cut off (and more protein in her diet). Beth was able to feather in the half of her bangs that she has been growing out. So she was pleased to finally have them as part of the hair style and not just this section that was to long to be bangs but to short to fit with her hair. (Although I'm not sure I like her new cut, it makes her look far to old.)


Peter kept saying he didn't want his hair cut. With all the medical tests and particularly some problems with a dentist (this is a whole nother post once we are calmed down and ready to give prewarnings to other adoptive parents but we have to deal with it first), I wasn't going to push it. Luke went next although he was the one in the group that needed the cut the least.I'm REALLY not so sure about this Then while I was getting mine cut the kids convinced Peter to get his cut. He sat there white as a ghost and ready to spring up at the least little thing. (He doesn't trust new places). He was scared to death but he lived through the hair cut. It really looks good on him. He had had the typical boy orphanage cut of buzzed tight but uneven for most with fringe left a little longer all around the edge. He now has it trimmed up around the edges and I had them leave most of the length that he had grown out on the top.

I may be a little partial but I think I have a pretty go looking bunch. I think you'll probably agree.
AFTER
Sporting the new dos

No comments: